Hackaday.com has an interesting article about some amateur radio technology used in the Thailand cave rescues last week.
Tour de OC would like to thank MARC members, Alvin KD6UZM, John, N6JCB, Mark, AKA Zippy, KE6ZRP, Mijo KF6BEB, and Michael AF6FB for their outstanding support of our ride on April 21st raising money for foster care kids. Continue reading Tour de OC – Wrap Up
The MARC April meeting was held a week early as we have the Tour de Cure: San Diego on our normal day.
The big announcement this month is about our May meeting, this will be our 26th anniversary meeting. It will be held on May 12 at our regular location and time. Photos after the meeting. Let’s have a good turnout with lots of motors. Thanks in advance.
The net had only four check-ins, this was probably due to our moving to a new frequency. What are your thoughts about the frequency change? How did the new repeaters work for you?
April is going to be a busy month. We are looking for some additional motors for the TdC: San Diego. If you are available to help, please contact Jim Banks KD6REA to let him know. Please note, the original sign-up sheet was lost. If you weren’t at the April meeting, please contact Jim.
- ADA Tour de Cure: San Diego – This ride is on Saturday 4/14. The start/finish is at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. There are eight people signed up to support this event. Ride Coordinator: Jim Banks KD6REA.
- event siteNet control will be running at 06:00, first riders leave at 07:00. Motors and SAGs should be no later than 06:30.
- Parking passes will be required for vehicles entering during the day. Passes will be distributed at net control.
- Tour de OC – This ride is Saturday 4/21. The start/finish is at Vanguard University in Costa Mesa. The routes are similar to last year with a 25 mile and 62 mile (metric century) route. Ride coordinator: Scott Farthing K6IXQ. event site
- Bike MS: Los Angeles – The MSLA will run on Sunday, 6/3 and will be very similar to last year. The start/finish is at the Rose Bowl. Ride coordinator: John Edward KC6ZOZ. event site
- Other events on the calendar include Bike MS: Bay-to-Bay (MS 150) in October, ADA Tour de Cure: Los Angeles in October.
Please check the event calendar on the web site for access to current dates, times and details about nets, meetings, and events. You can also add these events to your calendar, just click the plus sign at the bottom right. View online at https://marc-hq.org/club/event-calendar/
ARRL published an article talking about the number of new hams that came to us in 2017. For the fourth year in a row, more than 30,000 new hams.
The monthly net is moving to Burton Brink’s (N6USO) repeater. This repeater is linked to two others. Please program your radios and test your programming before the net.
Primary Frequency: 145.440– 136.5 – Sunset Ridge
Alternate Frequency: 449.880– 146.2 – Sunset Ridge
Alternate Frequency: 445.480– 131.8 – Santa Anita Ridge (above Arcadia)
Please join us for the net!
I have a 2m/440 mobile radio on my Victory Vegas. I enjoy using it for public service at athletic events and chatting with my riding companions. Continue reading Install: Icom IC-2730 on a Victory Vegas
Learn more about John Reynold’s (W5JFR) Kenwood install on his GL1800, Blew by You. Continue reading Blew By You – W5JFR